Wednesday 24 December 2014

A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year xx



If you've been here before and read the last post...................
no, I haven't finished the hall...........but I did manage to get out all the Christmas decorations and decorate the café where I work.

So, here are some pictures and few words because I'm rather late with this post.



The finished cabinet makes a better backdrop to the Christmas tree....................

 last year it didn't look quite so good.






I managed to get a fake wired branch this year to make a Christmas mantle, it works better than the lights I used last year and I can get more of the decs on it, so the tree isn't quite so packed.



The kitchen got a little Christmas too, with metal decorations on some branches I now keep out all year long and my latest additions, a pair of cute reindeer on springs.

 
 
At work, I recycled the recycled decorations from last year, the camembert boxes with string, packaging and bottle tops and added a garland made from cutlery, orange slices, chillies and light bulbs.

 

I was also asked by the boss to make some 'things' out of marzipan. He's half German and he says the cafe's and cake shops there are filled with marzipan sculptures - so here is my tiny offering (that drove me nuts).
 

 

so have a very

MERRY CHRISTMAS
and a
HAPPY NEW YEAR
xxx

13 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Fiona! I enjoyed your Christmas home this year. I love the garland over the fireplace and the finished cabinet looks fabulous. The fabric was a great choice! Your marzipan scene is really sweet too!
    Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house and the cafe look lovely. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy 2015! Patty/NS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home looks so festive and cozy filled with all your Christmas treasures, Fiona. I can't believe what a difference finishing your cabinet made to that corner of your room! You were quite ambitious to decorate your home AND work place! The garland is quirky and fun and probably a conversation starter, too. Your marzipan scene with the penguins is adorable! Will it last forever?

    I'm just now doing my holiday baking since our family doesn't arrive until Friday, so this was my entertainment on the little break I took between batches of cookies. Back to the kitchen!

    I wish you a very Merry Christmas, Fiona, and I hope Santa is very good to you. :o)
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and heartwarming. Merry Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the finished cabinet, and the twig trees are something i want to do next year! everything looks so festive, fiona! a very merry christmas to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's quite stunning to see the difference in the cabinet and you are so right about the tree standing out better against it. Love your "springy" reindeer. I have a granddaughter who would love those. She's quite convinced she is turning into a reindeer and is working on her flight take off. I can't believe you made that marzipan house. Well done! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all looks so lovely and of course I enjoy seeing all the little beachy things scattered around! I have never made anything out of marzipan. Your little house and tree look pretty darn good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sat and pored over each one of these to make sure I didn't miss anything. Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fiona, your home is so pretty, festive, and cozy. I love the white walls, whether they're brick, wainscoting, or stucco; they're so full of character and a lovely backdrop for all your charming and cheery Christmas touches. I especially love all your Santas, the garland, and the sweet corner with the hanging snowflakes. Hope your Christmas was wonderful, and I look forward to visiting you in the New Year; hope it's filled with health, love, and happiness.

    xoxo
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it all. Certainly I would say that there are some stories behind many of those collections of ornaments etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your home at Christmas! The decorations are so cheerful! Have a blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am late catching up.

    I hope you had a lovely Christmas in your beautifully decorated home.

    I don't know why, but one of my favorite things I spotted was the pillow with the green stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. While the marzipan house is cute, guess what my fav is? The little wire basket with the little split logs.

    ReplyDelete

It's always a pleasure to receive your comments. I really enjoy reading them, and a huge thank you if you are following as well !