Wednesday 21 December 2011

inspiring bloggers

Seeing everyone else in blogland get on with their own homes, has really inspired me to get a move on with mine.

I have always had tons of ideas but occasionally now, I come across something that really makes me think outside of my own little box ! I've never been that much into salvage yards, but I definately need to visit some now because I totally love Holly's bedroom at downtoearthstyle.blogspot.com




It's the headboard that really inspires me - the window, the mirror, the shelf and the chipped and shabby frame. I want one !!!! I think I would like to do a whole wall of something like this, that goes behind my bedside tables as well.



The pictures could go side by side if I did a long wall of wood and then I may be able to incorporate the candle sconces into the frame.
The lamps need re-painting as they were once in my lounge. I also need to replace the shades as one is broken, although I do love the 'bobble fringe'. The bedside tables were given to me like this and seriously need a facelift.

What's more, the old geezer loves the idea too, so it's off to some salvage yards we go (after Christmas of course.)

The second blogger who really inspires me is Donna at funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com - someone whom I'm sure you all know and love. But the one project that really hit me is her white twig chandelier.



How great is this ? I just think it's amazing and replicating it is going to be hard, but I have a light fitting that I really detest (well it's actually not mine, it belongs to my old geezer !) and it is seriously in need of an overhaul.



I never took very good christmas mantle pictures because all I could see was this beast in the reflection. Well it'll definately go white and then I need to go find someone with some vines !



3 comments:

  1. That's the hard part about blogs and pintrest, so many amazing ideas from amazing people. I'm glad you've found some inspiration, I hope it all comes out great! Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chandelier is really nice!!!
    I´m going to have to try to do one too!
    Very nice way to find new blogs. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE looking through blogs for inspiration. It's so tough to decide what to make, isn't it? Everytime I think I know what I want the room to look like, I find something else to make it even better. I'm buying my first home soon though so I don't want to start redoing the bedroom till we move in. >__> I'm glad you guys were inspired to change up your room though! That chandelier is lovely and headboard is just so neat. So much going on that is unexpected!

    ReplyDelete

It's always a pleasure to receive your comments. I really enjoy reading them, and a huge thank you if you are following as well !